• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Transfer file from Google Drive direct to Plesk server?

iantresman

Basic Pleskian
When travelling, it would be useful to be able to transfer files from Google Drive, directly to my Plesk server accounts. For example, Google Drive contains master copies of my files, I edit an index.htm file, and then transfer it directly to a particular web space.

It would be useful to be able to initiate this from my Android smartphone. Any solutions?

I don't want to have to download files from Google Drive to my smartphone, and then upload them to Plesk, as it would kill my mobile phone data allowance.

Hello Ian,

I haven't used Google Drive (I know it sounds odd) but that would much easier if Google Drive had a file transfer feature through the FTP protocol. This way you could just push files through FTP to your Web Space on Plesk.

Other than that, Plesk would have to introduce a whole new feature / module of fetching files from non FTP protocols such as Google Drive, DropBox. This is possible and they can add it to the feature request list, but chances are it would take a long time to be implemented. Perhaps in Version 13 :) of-course also depending on the votes it attains.

https://plesk.uservoice.com

Back