• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Trial almost up, little progress made

JohnBee

Basic Pleskian
I've been trying Plesk under a 15 day trial, and have only two days left before the end date. Though unfortunately, my experience with Plesk though mixed, leaves me feeling as though the interface is more hassle than benefit.

With that said, the main issues that I've encountered as a newcomer, are those of basic settings and functions not accessible from the interface. And perhaps more importantly, where many of the measures used to overcome these limitations are reset upon restart.

In addition to this, and also worthy of mention, seems to be the apparent lack of help from Plesk with trials. To which I'd add the contact /help /support section of the software feels completely circular and unhelpful at best.

Whatever the case, and while nothing was lost in my own trial with Plesk, it is unfortunate that newcomer experiences feel this way, as I'm thinking the intent with trials is to attract newcomers toward the software, rather than to leave them feeling as though they are better off without it.

- my two cents of course

PS. I haven't compiled a review of my own experience Plesk, though I may have another go at it with the intent of doing so as I think there are many issues that are worth documenting as a newcomer trying out the software. The the biggest issue in my opinion is that of the lack of interface functions for basic tasks that are lost after reboot.

You are welcome to place your specific questions into forum threads.

Regarding "lack of interface functions" it could be helpful to explain, which functions these are that you are missing?

are those of basic settings and functions not accessible from the interface. And perhaps more importantly, where many of the measures used to overcome these limitations are reset upon restart.
Could you please describe these statements with more details?
And note, that your review as a newcomer is very valuable for us. It would be nice if you publish your review here. Thanks.

Could you please describe these statements with more details?
And note, that your review as a newcomer is very valuable for us. It would be nice if you publish your review here. Thanks.

Hello and thanks for getting back to me on this. I just wanted to update and say that Plesk has given me a new trial code, and that I've started over again so that I could document my trial process along with the issues I've encountered.

With that said, I'll post the full report soon in the event that you're still interested
John

Back