• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Trouble creating databases adn users with Plesk 12 and Postgresql 9.3.5

Veltys

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I have a VPS with Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, Parallels Plesk 12.0.18 Update #18 (with Power Pack) and PostgreSQL 9.3.5.

When I setted up my VPS, I manually installed Parallels Plesk 12 and PostgreSQL 9.3.5.

Today I need to create an user and its corresponding database from Plesk Panel. When I connect with its subscription and try to create them, like this: Captura de pantalla (80).png

panel always give me this error: "Error: Connection to the database server failed: ERROR: role <whatever> already exists": Captura de pantalla (81).png

As you can see, database (and role) is created, but user not: Captura de pantalla (82).png

If I use different user name and database name is ok, but PostgreSQL server create two roles, two users and two databases.

Maybe I have some file configuration misconfigured? Is it possible to indicate PostgreSQL server that don't autocreate a database when a role is created? Maybe I'm more lost than Marco Rossi (from 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother) in mother's day?

With MySQL there is no problem with users and databases. Why PostgreSQL give this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Back