1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble migrating from cPanel

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by PaulSrch, May 23, 2012.

1. PaulSrch

PaulSrch Guest

I'm trying to migrate one cpanel domain from my cPanel based server to my Plesk server, and am running into issues. I have to do it manually since I can't get the migration tool in Plesk to work. So, everything seems to run fine, until it tries to do the domain I'm actually trying to migrate. Eventually, I get the following:

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  3. minosj

minosj Basic Pleskian

Hi,

How exactly you are trying to migrate domains from cPanel to Plesk ?

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  5. PaulSrch

PaulSrch Guest

Because some of my clients do not have their domains registered through me, and they might need to be migrated later, as I talk to the clients and help them change their DNS to point to the new nameservers. I simply can't do a mass migration, or the customers' sites will not work.

Using the process described here: http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP10/10.4/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-migration-guide/ and particularly the page found here: http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...-migration-guide/index.htm?fileName=66783.htm

I tried to use the migration tool in the Plesk panel itself, but I could not get it to work. I kept getting "Error: pmm utility 'migration_handler' raised an exception. Error code is: 1 See pmmcli.log to find out detailed information on this"

Yes. Of course, on the old cPanel server, I'm using suPHP, so SELinux was already disabled.

6. PaulSrch

PaulSrch Guest

Oh, one other reason... I purchased by Plesk license through a reseller (Codero), so I don't qualify for the free migration assistance.

Can anyone help?