• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Trying to set my site email on a new plesk...

Emmanuel Alen

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am completely inexperienced with plesk!
I am using the web version, and I am trying to set an email account for my domain and site that are working fine.

When I tryed to connect with my email using outlook, the configuration worked alright, however the email doesn't receive or sent emails... it seems that is not configured properly on the Plesk site.

My error message is

"550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local
Please check the message recipient [email protected] and try again."

Now according with a web guide on the subject, the reason is that: "Mail configuration in Plesk database is not synchronized with settings in MTA (mail delivery agent)."

Suggesting a solutions by accessing plesk on linus and writing this: "# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam"

Fine, however I don't know how to access my server linux... I am using the webversion for lamers...

Any good heart to give me a direction to get this resolved?

I am really interested in learning once for all how to set an email properly on plesk.

Regards

OVERVIEW

When a mail server gets a request to transmit a message to an invalid user, it responds with a 550 series error.

The email client or downstream mail server attempting to transmit the message will receive this error and will display a message to the user indicating that the message was not delivered.

The error indicates that either the user/mailbox does not exist (or was specified incorrectly when the user sent the message) or that the server is unable to resolve the user's e-mail address due to a server configuration issue.

SYMPTOMS

When using MailEnable to deliver messages, the following error is returned to the client:

550 No action was made in response to the requested action: the mailbox was unavailable or was not local.

Mailboxes are not capable of sending or receiving.

This article is applicable exclusively to servers running the Plesk Control Panel and may occur with all or some mailboxes on the system.

"It signifies that MailEnable discovered the destination domain of an email on the server but was unable to locate the email username. Assume MailEnable received a message to be delivered to "[email protected]." It would look for active mail services for "domain.com" and then for "mail- recipient's" inbox. If it finds "domain.com" but not "[email protected]," this error is returned. Using our proactive server inspections, we've been able to reduce server issues by using our proactive [dedicated web hosting support] server checks".

CAUSE

Within the Plesk management system's interface, you can disable mailboxes. To accomplish this, the panel modifies the MailEnable configuration file (address-map.tab) and inserts a! into the mailbox address, preventing the MailEnable services from recognizing the mailbox.

To confirm this is the fact, open the MailEnable Administration software and look for a mailbox that is suffering the difficulty. If the mailbox is disabled, the issue has been resolved. Within MailEnable, a mailbox that is disabled will have a red cross on the mailbox icon.

For more advanced users, or to check that the mailbox was disabled by a service other than Plesk, access the following configuration file:

MailEnable\Config\Address-map.tab

and look for mailboxes that appear to be similar to the following entry:

[!SMTP:[email protected]] Without the! preceding the SMTP: part of the configuration string, a standard mailbox would display.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue, either re-enable all mailboxes via the Plesk control panel or search through the address-map.tab file and remove all! characters.

Back