• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Turn off DrWeb Anti-Virus

bradz

Regular Pleskian
How do I totally turn off DrWeb on my Linux servers with Plesk 9.2?

I have changed all of the settings to NO DrWeb that I can find in the Plesk control panel (email settings) and still it keeps trying to download files (which fails), ever 1 second on one server and less often on the other. I know this by reviewing /var/log/messages.

example:
/var/drweb/updates/drw50033.txt - drw50033.txt with such CRC32 already exists, downloading has been skipped
Thousands of entries like this!

I would like to stop this wasted server load. I do not need DrWeb, it is just problems. I have noticed the more I can turn it off, the better they run. I have never seen it stop anything, maybe it never works, or maybe my windows clients are already protected. I looks like DrWeb is the Virus!

Thanks for any help.
Brad

Fantastic work

Hi atomicturtle, I know your post was a year ago now but thank you for telling me how to get rid of that abomination, drweb. It's quite possibly the most instrusive, useless, virus-like software I've ever come across.

My server thanks you too. It can now breath freely again...

Haha, you're very welcome :p You can add clamav to the system incidentally, using either qmail-scanner (for qmail) or clapf (for postfix). Both are available from the atomic repo.

Thanks so much for instructions to uninstall. I saw my memory usage on my dedicated root go from 1.8gb usage drop to 400mb usage after uninstalling that.

What other virus scanner that is good can I use that's not eating up heavily on system resources?

Thanks
Peter

Back