• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Turn off "mobile version"

partywolf

New Pleskian
Yay WPB has mobile optimised websites:

"Optimized for Mobile Devices
Don’t disappoint your mobile visitors! Websites published using Web Presence Builder automatically adapt for phone and tablet displays, so you look good!"​

...well it would make you look good if the sites actually worked. There's so many issues with the mobile versions, menus that don't work, images all over the place and no consistency from one site to the next. It's a complete shambles and makes the sites so ugly on mobile devices its downright embarrassing. On top of that, in the current version, there's no way of editing or previewing the mobile version. It is what it is with no options for changing.

I'm desperately waiting for the next version which is supposed to have mobile preview (no mention of a mobile version editor yet, but here's hoping). In the meantime is there some way that we can turn the mobile version off? The normal WPB websites look way better on mobile than the automatically optimised mobile version.

How do we turn it off?

I strongly agree wit "Partywolf" above so please give us an update on how to turn this off ASAP.

Best regards
Markus Korhonen

Hi guys,
WPB 11.5 have a lot of changes for optimization of mobile view. I think this release will published in Jun.

Disgusting how someone from Parallels can say we will see something in 11.5 but the Mobile sites for WPB are seriously embarrassing to support/offer as a business. I love WPB but the support for this software is almost none, Everyone has smart phones now so to not have a mobile friendly website is not on par with today's technology. The Facebook part of the WPB is not functional either as it is completely dated and the can't connect to the API properly so it creates a terrible Facebook Page but that is another story..

I strongly agree wit "Partywolf" above so please give us an update on how to turn this off ASAP.
Which WPB version do you use? In the latest WPB update was implemented additional link at bottom of the page to allow visitors switch between mobile and desktop versions.

Disgusting how someone from Parallels can say we will see something in 11.5 but the Mobile sites for WPB are seriously embarrassing to support/offer as a business. I love WPB but the support for this software is almost none, Everyone has smart phones now so to not have a mobile friendly website is not on par with today's technology. The Facebook part of the WPB is not functional either as it is completely dated and the can't connect to the API properly so it creates a terrible Facebook Page but that is another story..

If you noticed that some features works not as expected you can provide details/bug report and we'll try to resolve this issue. I can't improve here anything without any details about your issue.
Have you contacted with Parallels Technical support? Could you provide me tickets id (by PM)?

Last edited:
Hi Egor,

Here are some requests for improvement for the mobile version based on WPB 11.5.11:

1) Header Title Positioning

Positioned titles are not fully visible on the mobile version in a layout with a fixed width.

Example:
- Layout: Fixed width of 1050 px
- Header: Containing a banner with adapted size of 928x171px
- .header-title: font-size: 48px; top: 21px; left: 217px;

2) Table Size

Tables get "out of the box". On an iPhone's vertical screen the table appears wider than the content column.

Example:
- Layout: Fixed width of 1050 px
- Side bar: Width 200px
- Table: Width 100%, cells containing images

I guess the same issue happens when modules are positioned next to each other ("widget-columns-table")? In those cases WPB creates a table. However, according to W3C, tables should not be used for design purposes as they limit web accessibility, see http://www.w3.org/2002/03/csslayout-howto. Colums should be positioned using css techniques such as width and float/display. This affects both the mobile and the desktop version.

3) Resized Images

Images which had been resized to specific dimensions on the desktop version appear in full size on the mobile version.

4) Font family

Wrong font family on the mobile version.

Example:
- Body text: Tahoma (= a non-serif font family)

On an iPhone, the body text is shown as "Times New Roman" (= a serif font family) probably because Tahoma is not available on iPhones. For non-serif fonts WPB should select a non-serif font for the mobile version, respectively a serif font for serif fonts. See also http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=638067#post638067.

Which WPB version do you use? In the latest WPB update was implemented additional link at bottom of the page to allow visitors switch between mobile and desktop versions.

If you noticed that some features works not as expected you can provide details/bug report and we'll try to resolve this issue. I can't improve here anything without any details about your issue.
Have you contacted with Parallels Technical support? Could you provide me tickets id (by PM)?

Hi! The web hotel where my site is placed has version 11.5.4-334.
I just want it turned off completely and it is kina urgent now. Please advise!
No link at the bottom of any page.

Hi! The web hotel where my site is placed has version 11.5.4-334.
I just want it turned off completely and it is kina urgent now. Please advise!
No link at the bottom of any page.

Right now there is no possibility to disable such behavior.
Additional link for mobile devices at bottom of the page was implemented in WPB 11.5.9. Ask your hoster for upgrade to the latest WPB version.

We too have had numerous complaints and requests to disable the mobile version of WPB. Its rubbish. I've lost several sites to other cloud based platforms like wix on this badly botched feature. Where did yo get those guys from yahoo? Please fix asap. Oh andthe link to full version of site is not a fix but it does make the problem a little less bad.

Guys,

First of all, thanks for your feedback.

Second, suppose we'll add the ability to turn off mobile optimization. The question is, who should have access to it -- hosters (server-level toggle), website owners (website-level toggle) or both? Note that implementation complexity and costs vary significantly for these options.

Third, and the most important, simply turning off mobile optimization will not improve the quality of mobile websites. We'd like to make sure that websites created in WPB are responsive and mobile-friendly, so if you can provide specific issues and suggestions that can help us create quality responsive/mobile designs, it would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

Guys,

Second, suppose we'll add the ability to turn off mobile optimization. The question is, who should have access to it -- hosters (server-level toggle), website owners (website-level toggle) or both? Note that implementation complexity and costs vary significantly for these options.

Third, and the most important, simply turning off mobile optimization will not improve the quality of mobile websites. We'd like to make sure that websites created in WPB are responsive and mobile-friendly, so if you can provide specific issues and suggestions that can help us create quality responsive/mobile designs, it would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

Custer, your customers should not be the once doing your work!
Please you can not have missed out on how terrible the "mobile optimization" looks??

I have been doing a workaroud through www.dudamobile.com that makes the site almost ok (there is ads in it).
I suggest Parallels would look at what others do in this area to work your path in to 20th century.

For me, any way at all to disable the mobile optimization would be appreciated, (IF WE GET IT NOW).

Thanks Egor!
I tried it (copy/pasted the code in that thread) to a new code module for all pages but with no luck for me.

Can you describe how this script should be used if I'm doing this completely wrong.
As I said before my version is 11.5.4-334.

//Markus

Hi, Markus. I think that you doing it correctly, but I've wrote this script for the latest WPB 11.5.12. Could you ask your hoster to upgrade WPB to the latest version? It's very simple procedure...
In other case I can check up which changes is required for WPB 11.5.4.

Dear dave-ha,

We have investigated all the problems you have described and found that one with the font family is already fixed in the PPB 12.0 that is going to be released in several months. The rest of the problems are reported as defects and they are to be fixed in the same version. Thank you for such detailed bug reports.

Guys,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

From our perspective ability to disable Mobile site is ONLY required as stopgap until the mobile version glitches are fixed. Currently the mobile version is worse than the non mobile site when rendered on a phone but once / if that's fixed in Plesk 12 we are happy for it to be enabled. Sadly its been several months and no proper solution to fix mobile version or disable it server wide seems to exist.

@ Parallels: In order to make WPB sites mobile friendly I also suggest to follow Web standards. If you validate any standard WPB site at http://validator.w3.org/mobile/ it will show you where there is some room from improvement.

Last edited:
Back