• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Turning off email

T

tnats@

I moved my email over to another hosting provider but still use Plesk for my domain. I have some email forms on my website that go to [email protected]. The problem is I have my MX records set for the other hosting service but emails from the website still get delivered locally. If I turn off email, I never get them anywhere.

How do I turn off email on a domain so it looks at the MX records and gets delivered correctly?

Thanks for the help,
Tom

Hi,

Simply turn off mail in Parallels Plesk > Domains > select domain > Mail > Turn off
Makesure that after you turn off mail for domain it is being removed from /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts

In this case script will send mail to the servers that are listed as MX records for domain.
If it does not arrive on remote server then make sure that from Parallels Plesk server MX records for domain are seen correctly:
host -tMX domain_name (run on plesk server and make sure correct MXes are returned)

You can also check maillogs on remote mail server to check why nothing arrives on it.

Back