• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Turning Off IPv6

KrazyBob

Regular Pleskian
During setup I selected both IPv4 and IPv6 support. But I only have IPv4. On the DNS template there are all of the zone records for IPv6 that I know I can delete. But is there anywhere else I need to turn it off? I can't seem to find the page where I declared the server IP.

How do find these articles? I typed "How do I disable IPv6" and it came up with nothing.

There are no IPv6 addresses on the server so I'm assuming I just disable those two lines?

Thank you for your help. I'd like to get migrating but I don't find a flow chart of things to do to setup the server. Many changes. LOL. I am excited about most.

Alright sir. I have followed the instructions and found a blank file except for commented Out Lines. I added the lines and ran sysctl -p. I then deleted the IPv6 lines in the DNS template but noticed that there is an IPv4 line but no CNAME line for www. Many changes in Onyx. Should IPv4 remain, be replaced by CNAME www or both?

Yes, good idea.

Why not just click "Restore the Default DNS Zone Template" button?
www CNAME record will be added to your zone when you create subscription. By default there is no record for www in DNS Template.

Doing that restored the IPv6 settings. Remember that when I set up the server (my first Onyx) I said yes tyo IPv6 not thinking that I only had IPv4 IP's.

<domain>. NS ns2.<domain>.
<domain>. NS ns1.<domain>.
<domain>. A <ip.web>
<domain>. AAAA <ipv6.web>
<domain>. MX (10) mail.<domain>.
<domain>. TXT v=spf1 +a +mx +a:<hostname> -all
_dmarc.<domain>. TXT v=DMARC1; p=none
ftp.<domain>. CNAME <domain>.
ipv4.<domain>. A <ip.web>
ipv6.<domain>. AAAA <ipv6.web>
mail.<domain>. A <ip.mail>
mail.<domain>. AAAA <ipv6.mail>