• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Two bugs for subscription creation in Plesk 12.0.8 for Windows

AndorA

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the place to mention it, but I think I found two bugs in the latest build of Plesk 12.0.18 for Windows after my neat clean install on a new Win2k8 server.

1. When creating subscriptions with the CLI, I get the following message:

An error occurred during domain creation: Unable to set IP address <ip> for hosting: it is already used by another account.

(whereby <ip> obviously is an actual IP address).

I always get this message: when there is a subscription in Plesk, when there is no subscription in Plesk, on private IPs, on public IPs, on shared IPs and on exclusive IPs (I guess with the latter it might make sense when there already is a subscription, but it does the same with shared IPs as well as when there is no subscription setup yet). The domain is not created. It does the same with IPv4 and IPv6.

I have rebooted the computer, set the IP back and forth between exclusive and shared (both using the interface and the command line), etc. Note that I did use the Reconfigurator at one point to update the IP addresses after my machine moved to a different IP, but all this worked correctly.

[Update: this problem was due to resellers not being assigned (shared or other) IP addresses. Hence the only problem is that the error message is incorrect, not that the account wasn't created]

2. When I create a subscription using the GUI, it actually works, no unjust criticism of my IP usage. However, I do get the following error:

Error: The PHP handler "fastcgi-5" is not registered. It was probably deleted from the server. Register a handler with the same properties and try again.

Note that I did only install the latest version of PHP and no older versions. The Plesk installer allowed me to do that, and I'm not using PHP for anything anyway, I just installed it since I assumed Plesk will need it for its internal workings. None of my service plans allows PHP, all PHP settings are disabled. The account is created properly, but Plesk does show this error message which I feel it really shouldn't.

[Update: after installing all legacy versions of PHP, the error disappeared]

Regs,
Andor

Last edited:
Aaannd... I think I found another bug which may be related to the absense of older PHP versions.

When trying to install the Plesk Mobile Monitor extension, I first received an error that looked like PHP and it talked about Zend (which I think is a PHP thing). I tried it again - you never know - and this time the page seems to load indefintely and every other second I see a process 'send_error_report.exe' popping up in my task manager. It's been like that for about 10 minutes now, time to reboot my new server. Will install some random PHP version using the Plesk installer to see if that makes a difference. Too bad though, it was nice to be able to install Plesk without a whole bunch of different PHP installs cluttering my server.

Oh wow, that went downhill fast. After rebooting there are constantly 2-4 processes of send_error_report.exe and while the Plesk login page loads, I cannot login to Plesk anymore, the login screen just waits indefintely without even throwing an error (at least not in the first 10 minutes...). So much for a nice clean install of Plesk... I blame my trying to install the Mobile Monitor.

When running the installer, I could apply some microupdates fine (!). Also I managed to install all versions of PHP available. Doesn't help though... my server is in an indefinte loop sending error messages, it seems.

[Update: I logged into the plesk PSA database and manually removed the Plesk Mobile extension from the tables with modules. After this I was able to login in Plesk again. After installing all versions of PHP, I tried to install the Plesk Mobile extension again, but the same thing happened. Will try again to install Plesk Mobile after I read something about a bug fix of the extension in the microupdates releases notes I guess. For now, installing the mobile monitor prevents from loging into Plesk altogether].

Last edited:
Yeah, that seems to suck a lot, I've had too many issues with Plesk12 similar to above (haven't tried mobile app) so I'm waiting for it to age a bit before use. plesk11.5 is most stable in my books.

Yeah, that seems to suck a lot, I've had too many issues with Plesk12 similar to above (haven't tried mobile app) so I'm waiting for it to age a bit before use. plesk11.5 is most stable in my books.

Yeah, with early versions you need to know what you're doing, and rebuild your vitual instance a couple of times before you get eveything right. I think I have a pretty awesome, stable Plesk 12.0.18 running now though, with a pretty heavy customized ColdFusion installation, which made it quite a bit trickier. Seems quite bit faster, too. Only Mobile Monitor I couldnt get to work, but I can totally live with that.

Back