• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

[Ubuntu 7.10] Plesk fails to change PostgreSQL user/password

D

dsmarty

I tried to install Plesk 8.3.0 on a fresh Ubuntu 7.10 system.
After installing I have to manually set a user/password for postgresql.
(Via Server > Database Servers > PostgreSQL)

When setting user/password I get the following error:
Code:
Unsupported version of PostgreSQL is installed.

0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/DatabaseManagerPostgreSQL.php:263
    DatabaseManagerPostgreSQL->createLocalAdminLoginImpl(string 'admin', string '**********', NULL null)
1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/DatabaseManager.php:513
    DatabaseManager->updateLocalAdmin()
2: /opt/psa/admin/plib/DatabaseServerManager.php:229
    DatabaseServerManager->updateServer(object of type DatabaseServer)
3: /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/server/db_server_edit.php:52

The installed PostgreSQL version is 8.3.0. (This version is automatically installed via Plesk installscript).

Has anyone a suggestion how to fix this ?
SWSoft never responds to messages send to bugreport [at] swsoft.com... :(

hello.
could be helpful to dig a bit in psa database. what is in table Components and what is in CP Server->Component Management v/s what is in dpkg -l |grep postgr?
It could come that postgresql was actually updated and became incompatible with Plesk

Try:

apt-get --purge remove postgresql-client-8.3 postgresql-8.3 postgresql

apt-get install postgresql-8.2

passwd postgresql

Go to your web interface :)

Daniel Gines.

Back