• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

unable to change from shared to exclusive IP, already read the posts

A

akaplan

I'm using 9.2.1 and trying to change an IP from shared to exclusive. It's already setup and assigned to one client and one domain. Yet when I click on the icon and try to change from the hand (shared) to the "crown" (exclusive) I get the following error.

Error: Cannot change the type of IP address already allocated to a user. IP address w.x.y.z is already allocated to user(s) as shared IP address. I tried to remove it from the user but was unable to do so.

I saw the post about making a change in mysql, but I don't have root access to the box.

I have done this many times on older versions of plesk, what's up.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

Andrew

log as MySQL admin (you can do it via the server-wide Database settings in Plesk), open the "psa" database, go to the ip_pool table, then you can modify the type to shared.

The stupid thing here is that trying to deassign a user from the shared address results in the very same error message ("already assigned to shared hosts"). That is, IMHO, pretty weak.

Back