• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Unable to change mail password

O

Oceanic

Guest
I added a new domain and created a new/first mail account under this domain. The mail account name is [email protected]. However, when I try to set a common password for this account, I got the following error:

The password is incorrect, use at least 5 characters. The password should not contain mail name as its part. Only Latin characters, no dictionart words.

I am sure the password is ok. My password has 6 letters, without "info" in it. I used this password for mail account of another domain, without any problem. I tried to use a different password (insert 3 numbers into this password) and it works. I tried to change this password to my 6 letters one, got the same error again. Please help.
 
You must be using "short" mail account names. If you use short names, Plesk determines which email address you are trying to use by the password, therefore, you cannot duplicate passwords. Go to <SERVER><MAIL> and change the IMAP/POP3 setting to "use long names" and you will be able to use the password that you want.
 
Back
Top