• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to change mail password

O

Oceanic

I added a new domain and created a new/first mail account under this domain. The mail account name is [email protected]. However, when I try to set a common password for this account, I got the following error:

The password is incorrect, use at least 5 characters. The password should not contain mail name as its part. Only Latin characters, no dictionart words.

I am sure the password is ok. My password has 6 letters, without "info" in it. I used this password for mail account of another domain, without any problem. I tried to use a different password (insert 3 numbers into this password) and it works. I tried to change this password to my 6 letters one, got the same error again. Please help.

You must be using "short" mail account names. If you use short names, Plesk determines which email address you are trying to use by the password, therefore, you cannot duplicate passwords. Go to <SERVER><MAIL> and change the IMAP/POP3 setting to "use long names" and you will be able to use the password that you want.

Back