• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to confirm firewall rules management.

onycro

Basic Pleskian
Hey there.

I use Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 on Ubuntu 16.04.4.

I am using the awesome new "advisor". The tool suggests me to enable the firewall. I click activate. It loads for a few seconds. And then a message appears: "Unable to confirm firewall rules management."

Which log file do I have to check for a more detailed error message?

Regards
onycro

I assume you have the Firewall component installed, what about this way: Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > Security > Firewall > enable Firewall Rules management

Install Firewall Component: Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades > Add and Remove Product Components > Plesk extensions > Plesk Firewall
How to install Plesk Firewall

Which log file do I have to check for a more detailed error message?
perhaps /var/log/plesk/panel.log

Last edited:
When I try this way:
Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > Security > Firewall > enable Firewall Rules management
another message appears:
Fehler: Die Verwaltung der Firewallregeln wurde nicht aktiviert.
which translates into
Error:The Firewall Rules management was not activated.

I already looked into the log file /var/log/plesk/panel.log but no log message appears there.

The first article suggests to check
grep IPTABLES_MODULES /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config
Which is not successfull because /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config does not exist.

The problem in the second article is, that /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall-active.sh got renamed. Which is not the case for me, the file still got it's correct name.

can you run the following command on cli and share the output of it
# iptables -L

and If you just recently installed the Plesk Firewall extension, did you followed the above suggestion to remove the extension and re-installing it immediately.

Install/remove Firewall Component: Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades > Add and Remove Product Components > Plesk extensions > Plesk Firewall
or
Plesk Panel > Extensions > My Extensions > check firewall remove and install it again

perhaps you have allready found this thread and might be helpfull for you: Issue - Unable to enable Plesk-Firewall rules

Hope the above helps a bit.

Last edited:
Your first suggestion
- "Install/remove Firewall Component: Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades > Add and Remove Product Components > Plesk extensions > Plesk Firewall"
worked out well.

Back