• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server

Jean-Noël

New Pleskian
Hello!
I have a VPS with the last verson of Plesk. I created an email account with one of my domains and when I try to send emails from this account through Outook or Gmail, I get the following error : Task 'SMTP server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042109): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server'
There is no problem if I want to receive a message. I aven't any problem with RoundCube (SMTP or POP).
My configuration : Postfix and Courier-IMAP
Thank you very much!

Hi Jean-Noël,

my first suggestion is to switch from Courier-Imap to dovecot. More features, better/easier to configure, less issues. ;)

My second suggestion is to use the Plesk Repair Utility, if you experience issues/errors/problems. => Plesk Repair Utility

Third, pls. be aware that we can't give support for Outlook or GMail. Consider to contact THEIR support, if you experience issues with their products.
Just make sure to use the correct ports and login-details and you should be fine with all eMail - clients, if you don't experience issues/errors/problems over webmail on your server. ;)

Back