• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to create/add domain account

K

KAYU

The operation you were performing failed. You can retry the operation with or without changing its parameters. You may also want to report this problem to our support so that we could help you as soon as possible.
Show DetailsShow Details
Hide DetailsHide DetailsReport ErrorReport Error OKOK

Additional Information

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain servie: mailManager->addDomain() failed: mailmng failed: MEAOPO.PostOffice.AddPostOffice failed for name kcichost.com [kcichost.com]
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\create_domain.php:146

This error actually means that you have domain kcichost.com already created withing MailEnable configuration. Probably this record remained after previous unsuccessful domain configuration. I advice that you remove it first from MailEnable Administrator > Postoffices. After that domain can be created without problems.

Similar problem after 8.4 upgrade from 8.2

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: dnsmng::remove() failed: dnsmng failed: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex
0: E:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\create_domain.php:160

I am trying to add a net new domain and am running Simple DNS Plus 4.0.0.601 for dns.. worked fine in 8.2.. i checked the port and password for the api.. but am stumped.. also get similar error when I try to update an existing domain's record from the ui.

When I try to add a new record on existing zone.....

dnsmng::update() failed: dnsmng failed: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex
0: E:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dns\DNSManager.php:720
DNSManager::updateDNSZone(object of type DNSZone, boolean false, boolean false, boolean true)
1: E:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\ui_common\DNSResourceRecordPropertiesUIPointer.php:57
DNSResourceRecordPropertiesUIPointer->accessItem(string 'POST', NULL null)
2: E:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\UIPointer.php:529
UIPointer->access(string 'POST')
3: E:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\plesk.php:13

Back