• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to create new Subscription

OlsthoornD

New Pleskian
Hi,

During the process of creating a new Customer/Subscription we get the following error:

Error: Unable to update domain data: Execute websrvmng --add-domain "--domain-name=dominic-test999.local" failed with error code 1: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520) In Microsoft.Web.Administration module Exception type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.IAppHostMethodInstance.Execute() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Binding.AddSslCertificate(Byte[] certificateHash, String certificateStoreName) at Microsoft.Web.Administration.BindingManager.BindingTransaction.Commit() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.BindingManager.Save() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges() at ServerManagerFactory.commit() at IIS7ServerManager.commit(IIS7ServerManager* )

Everything was working fine before, but we had to renew a Certificate for the machine. I've found a KB-article on the Parallels website which let me renew the CA for Parallels, but this didn't solve the problem.
In Mailenable i can see that he created the email domain, but in as the message assumes we can't find anything in IIS.

Please advice ....

Thx!

Try to do following. Go to panel->subscriptions->domain.com->domains and sites tab->secure your site->certificate name and delete CA certificate (button "remove" near CA certificate), because it is the same as certificate. After that disable SSL on domain in hosting settings and enable it again.

Did you have cloned virtual machine?
What kind of OS - 2k8 or 2k12 (SNI is on/off)?
How did you update certificate-via panel or manually via system?
You should update it via Panel. Via Tools & Settings>SSL Certificates

Last edited:
It looks like that server with Plesk is cloned. But to do it right you need to follow the instructions

http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...nistration-guide/index.htm?fileName=70836.htm

Plesk will not work on just cloned machine without special actions. As workaround you can try to set your server as ready to get cloned using the commands

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin\cloning.exe -prepare-public-image true

and then restart the server. If it won't help then you need to follow the steps in documentation.

Try to do following. Go to panel->subscriptions->domain.com->domains and sites tab->secure your site->certificate name and delete CA certificate (button "remove" near CA certificate), because it is the same as certificate. After that disable SSL on domain in hosting settings and enable it again.

Sorry Igor, but these steps are not available .... never the less Shared SSL is turned off.

We're using Plesk 11 on Windows 2008 R2 Standard.

Hi Svetlana, these steps we allready tryed last week, even gave the server a reboot (during office hours).
The repair-tool recreated/downloaded the certificates, but still we get the same error (no matter the domainname).

@Igor, sorry but that path i can't follow ...

We're using Plesk 11.0.9 @ Windows 2008 R2 Standard

@Svetlana, thanks! I found these last week in other posts and tryed them, but still we have the same issues. Even gave the host a reboot in the hope that the problem would be a closed connection?

@Sad, Allthough the machine is Virtual, it's never been cloned/restored to a previous version.

Did you already renew manually certificate via Panel on server level? I mean via Tools&Settings->SSL Certificates

Did you already renew manually certificate via Panel on server level? I mean via Tools&Settings->SSL Certificates

What do you mean with "renew manually" ? Because i can't find this option on the "Default Certificate" (which is the only one installed via the Panel).
Outside the panel (IIS) we put Certificates on the Panel- and FTP-site.

What do you mean with "renew manually" ? Because i can't find this option on the "Default Certificate" (which is the only one installed via the Panel).
Outside the panel (IIS) we put Certificates on the Panel- and FTP-site.

Tools & Settings>SSL Certificates -> select your certificate and put correct info for certificate or remove and upload againg it.
Also the only one correct way for certificate renew - is to upload it to Panel.

Tools & Settings>SSL Certificates -> select your certificate and put correct info for certificate or remove and upload againg it.
Also the only one correct way for certificate renew - is to upload it to Panel.

Svetlana thank you for your response!

Nice that adding/managing Certificates thru Plesk is the only, correct way but this does not work for Securing the Panel, FTP-site and Sub-domains (Webmail, MSSQL Management etc).

I would like to resolve the issue instead of being pointed at how i should use the panel. That station has already been passed and we're unable to create new customers for over 2 weeks now. So please help!

You see, error "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520) In Microsoft.Web.Administration module Exception type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.IAppHostMetho dInstance.Execute() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Binding.AddSslCertifi cate(Byte[] certificateHash, String certificateStoreName) at Microsoft.Web.Administration.BindingManager.Bindin gTransaction.Commit() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.BindingManager.Save() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitC hanges() at ServerManagerFactory.commit() at IIS7ServerManager.commit(IIS7ServerManager*)" occure in case when data from psa.certificates does not matches with data from certificate, which is specified in IIS. And that is why you are not able to create customer and subcription.

You can try %plesk_cli%>repair.exe --reconfigure-ssl-certificates

Last edited:
Back