• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue unable to create new domains

mudassar

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
windows server 2022
Plesk version and microupdate number
obsidian 18.0.47
Everything was working fine yesterday, i was recovering domains from backups from another server. I only did one - a wordpress site.

This morning I am trying to add other domains and I am getting the error:
Creating physical hosting
ProtDirUser_IIS::update() failed: Add Protected Directory user failed: Value does not fall within the expected range.
In Microsoft.Web.Administration module
Exception type: System.ArgumentException
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.IAppHostWritableAdminManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ConfigurationManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges()
at ServerManagerFactory.commit()
at IISServerManager.commit(IISServerManager* )

at addProtectedUrlUser(mobilecarclinic.co.uk, /plesk-stat, mobilecar)(WebServerManager::addProtectedUrlUser line 593)
at Unable to execute console command: '--add-protected-url-user'(vconsoleapp::start line 95)
at Unable to execute command: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\admin\bin64\websrvmng" --add-protected-url-user "--vhost-name=mobilecarclinic.co.uk" "--path=/plesk-stat" "--login=mobilecar" "--password=*"'(vconsoleapp::run line 117)
(Error code 1)

I have run plesk repair utiilty and there was no effect.
I have also re-patched.

This more likely sounds like an issue with the bindings with the SSL. Are you trying to create a whole new domain or you trying to restore from a backup?

This more likely sounds like an issue with the bindings with the SSL. Are you trying to create a whole new domain or you trying to restore from a backup?
I originally tried from back up - but unfortunately plesk gave the error that the backup was from an unsupported plesk version. That didnt work so i manually set up that domain.
I made some changes in IIS to get the website to work, but domain specific, so i hope that didn't effect anything.

Now i am trying to create completely new domains.

Back