• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to decrypt data: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). (Error code 23)

stedotmartin

New Pleskian
Hi, I'm in the middle of no backup restore of a Plesk 12.5 system. Which basically meant reinstalling Plesk 12.5 and restoring the PSA database over the top of a new install, the vhosts directory is still intact and the user databases are okay.

After restoring the PSA database I now get the below error when opening the Plesk control panel.

Unable to decrypt data: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). (Error code 23)

I have ran through this article however on using the mass password updater I get 2 warnings

Unable to decrypt data: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). (Error code 23) at
BCryptDecrypt()<br> at (AesCryptProvider::decrypt line 143)<br> at (zif_ple
sk_symmetric_decrypt line 2365)
[2018-02-28 03:34:13][WARNING] Unable to execute: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parall
els\Plesk\bin\domain.exe" -u mydomain.co.uk -passwd mypassword Return
code is: 3

The rest goes through okay however I still have this error when using the Plesk control panel.

I'm pretty certain this is due to the sym_key being updated and not backed up.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Do you have any daily backups in %plesk_dir%\MySQL\Backup\ - If so, you should be able to extract it.

If you're missing the old sym_key, Plesk isn't going to be able to decrypt any of the encrypted passwords and you'll have to mass reset them all.

Plesk Mass Password Reset Script

Hey thanks for that I did find a reg backup in %plesk_dir%\MySQL\Backup\ applied it and got a new error regarding db password but then got passed that with plesksrvclient.exe" -set password

Thanks for help

Back