• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to delete database server

@schauhan11 great, that looks good. Next step is to change the database user associated the Plesk administrator user. From the screenshot you posted previously I gather that the current database user is named server_admin, we'll need to change that to just admin. As thats the database user Plesk need to authenticate. This will probably will solve your issue, but additional steps might be needed later.

To do this run the following commands:
Code:
# plesk db
SQL:
UPDATE `DatabaseServers` SET `admin_login` = 'admin' WHERE `admin_login` = 'server_admin';

Next login to Plesk, navigate to Tools & Settings > Database Servers and click on the listed database. Check to see to displayed username is admin. See example image bellow.

Last, but important, step. If the displayed essay username is admin, click the OK button. If it's not admin, click the Cancel button and let me know.
View attachment 24356
:oops:Why is it important to check the displayed username after logging in to Plesk and navigating to Tools & Settings > Database Servers?

I had provided an invalid username while adding the database server to Plesk. From what I understand, although Plesk was not able to connect to just added server, it treated it as the default server and prevented my from deleting it or modifying username/password. After changing the username from outside of Plesk everything returned to normal. What I don't still get it is why Plesk did not show the default MySQL server it had been using all along in the database server list when I went there for the first time.

Samir

@Peter Debik I should add that the database server was already part of the image installed by my virtual server provider. Plesk was installed later using a command also provided by the hosting service. May be database server not being listed had something to do with that.

Back