1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to div2 ip-address in PTR

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by peter.guelzow, Jan 2, 2007.

1. peter.guelzow

peter.guelzow Guest

dnsmng: Unable to div2 ip-address in PTR

Hi,

after upgrading (autoinstall) to Plesk 8.1, I can't use Plesk anymore...

After login using "Admin", I'm getting a formular for "Administrator Information" and this Warning: Please enter administrator's information. This information is required to operate Plesk.

Obviously I did not filled out all fields when I first used Plesk..

However, when I complete all fields and hit "OK", I'm getting this error message:

Service Unavailable
    Service is not available now, probably your Plesk is misconfigured.
    Contact Your provider for details.

Internal Plesk error occurred: dnsmng::restart() failed: dnsmng failed: dnsmng: Unable to div2 ip-address in PTR

:confused:

--

I'm not able to use any of the configuration menus of Plesk on the left site. I'm always getting the above formular and error when I enter the data, even when I'm trying to logout..

I indeed contacted my provider (1&1), but they seem to have no clue about this...

Can anybody help?

best wishes
    Peter

2. peter.guelzow

peter.guelzow Guest

Re: dnsmng: Unable to div2 ip-address in PTR

I'm still hanging in the air...

Found this error log:

s15213786://usr/local/psa/admin/logs # cat httpsd_error_log
    dnsmng: Unable to div2 ip-address in PTR

3. andrewrimmer

andrewrimmer Guest