• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to download backup after upgrade to Plesk 12.5

Chris1

Regular Pleskian
When I try to download a backup I now get the following error:

Code:
File not found

Firefox can't find the file at https://server.net.au:8443/smb/backup/download-dump/domainId/287/type/local/id/clients/user/domains/domain.com.au/backup_info_1511130931.xml?_randomId=508996.

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
    Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

I also get similar errors in Chrome and IE.

Unfortunately I'm still experiencing this issue, does anyone know why this is happening?

I tried another backup download and I get the following error in /var/log/plesk/sw-cp-server/error_log
Code:
2015/11/30 14:58:02 [error] 163888#0: *910 open() "/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/dumpStlcgs.tar" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: <ip_address>, server: , request: "POST /smb/backup/download-dump/domainId/87/id/clients%2F<username>%2Fdomains%2F<domain>%2Fbackup_info_1511091021.xml?_randomId=919439 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/sw-engine.sock", host: "<hostname>:8443", referrer: "https://<hostname>:8443/smb/backup/list/domainId/87?_randomId=501438"

The backups are in the following directory as per /etc/psa/psa.conf:

Code:
# Backups directory
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps
DUMP_TMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp

So why it is trying to open /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/dumpStlcgs.tar?

Last edited:
Hi @IgorG

Thank you. During a backup, what gets stored in the /tmp directory? Does it increase in size a lot during the backup procedure?

Hi,

By default, the following directories on the server are used for storing temporary files during Plesk hosting data backup and restoration:

• /tmp on Linux and FreeBSD systems.
  • <operating_system_installation_directory>\PrivateTemp on Windows systems.
If you have large amounts of data to back up and restore and are not sure that there is enough free disk space in the default temporary directory location, then you can specify another location for storing temporary files.

This is done by setting environment variables in the operating system of the server.

To set a new location of the temporary directory on Linux or FreeBSD servers:

1. Connect to the server over SSH.
  2. Open for editing the file /etc/psa/psa.conf.
  3. Locate the variable DUMP_TMP_D and replace the /tmp value with a path to the new location of the temporary directory.
    The new directory must be present in the file system and writing to this directory must be allowed for all users.

4. Save the file.
Thank you,

Back