• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to install Plesk 11.x on new freshly install Windows 2008 R2

M

MariosP

Unable to install Plesk 11.x on new freshly install Windows 2008 R2:

Attempting to install Plesk 11.x on a new freshly install Windows 2008 R2 (runing during trial period in order to ensure that by the time we sign up we have something to show for), we get:

Unable to install the "plesk-11.0.9.noarch" package. The following could cause the installation failure: 1) plesk-11.0.9.noarch: No suitable solutions were found for the "IIS" dependency. 2) The dependency for "IIS" required by the "plesk-11.0.9.noarch" package could not be resolved.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Hello,

Can you please check if IIS installed with IIS6 compatibilities ? if Yes try and remove and readd the IIS on server using roles.

I had a heck of a time installing it, but here's some of the steps I found:

1. Make sure the server is not a domain controller
2. Make sure no roles are installed. It will install them automatically.
3. When done the install, remove the files from \windows\temp - there will be 2 that will not allow you to remove them , but that is OK

After that I was able to get it running.....

Hope this helps. I banged my head on this for a while, so if I can save you some lumps.....

Back