• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/geoip.so

Dukemaster

Regular Pleskian
Hi at all,
In June or July I installed imagick program (the php extension/lib already comes with PHP since few years) and around the 8th August I also installed geoip (only) for PHP7.0 by this great and easy Plesk tutorial.
From shell it was successfully installed. For the reason that I don't use any tools for geoip, e.g. piwik I didn't care about it. Yesterday I looked in my mails from server (cron) I was surprised.
Since install of geoip every half an hour an error message was sent to me with the following content:
Code:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/geoip.so' - /usr/lib/php/20151012/geoip.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
I checked again. GeoIP was also in PHP settings of Plesk marked and correctly integrated in php.ini of /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini
After looking closer and "# locate geoip.so" I found the extension only in /opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules.
On the other hand the system missing it in /usr/lib/php/20151012/.
I decided the experimental way to check what happens if I copy the extension to /usr/lib/php/20151012/. I did this copying also with imagick.so, and ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so, because they were also not existent in directory ../20151012/
What makes me also wonder is that geoip and imagick have different permissions in the source directory ../modules/.

geoip imagick ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.jpg

Now, since I did this the error is away, no mails any longer.
1. Question: Is it really the correct way? I don't want any security holes or misconfigurations which lead to more problems.
2. Question: Are the permissions correct this way? The GEOIP tutorial was solved without any problems few weeks ago.

Greets.

Last edited:
Back