• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to make updates (Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51 on Ubuntu 18.04.5)

Vendito24

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51
Good Morning

Since a few days I can not make the backups over Plesk. In update log i get following infos:

FireShot Capture 019 - SSH Terminal_ root - Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51 - h2313892.stratoserver.net.png

When I try apt-get update I get following on screen:

FireShot Capture 020 - SSH Terminal_ root - Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51 - h2313892.stratoserver.net.png

I have no really an idea how to fix that.

Thanks for your help,
Mirko

There have been some similar requests lately, they also include solutions:

Guten Morgen und vielen Dank Peter.

Ich habe mich jetzt durch die Lösungsvorschläge durchgearbeitet. Bisher ohne Erfolg.

Mit "sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys BD11A6AA914BDF7E" kommt "gpg: Empfangen vom Schlüsselserver fehlgeschlagen: Keine Daten"

Mit "sudo wget http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk.gpg && apt-key add plesk.gpg" speichert er plesk.gpg.2. Aber Updates gehen immer noch nicht.

Umstellen des Repository mit "plesk installer --source autoinstall-archives.plesk.com" habe ich mich noch nicht getraut, da wir den Server hier für die Arbeit brauchen und ich mir nicht sicher bin ob das überhaupt der richtige Weg ist. Ich kann den Server auch nicht bereinigen oder neu installieren.

In Plesk unter "https://h2313xxx.stratoserver.net:8443/admin/pum/list" kommt nur "Paketliste konnte nicht abgerufen werden: execv: No such file or directory". Nach druck auf "Nach Updates suchen" kommt dann aber "Für die Pakete können keine Informationen zu Updates erhalten werden".

Bin unter Linux auch nicht so bewandert und habe mich daher auch immer auf Plesk verlassen.
Bringt es etwas wenn ich mal hier eine Logdatei sende? (Obwohl ich nicht weiss wie ich diese mit SSH unter Plesk runterlade)

Gruß,
Mirko Nahrwold

-----
Courtesy translation by Plesk staff. Please write in English on this forum so that all users can understand your posts:

Good morning and thank you Peter.

I have now worked my way through the suggested solutions. So far without success.

With "sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys BD11A6AA914BDF7E" it comes "gpg: Failed to receive from keyserver: No data".

With "sudo wget http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk.gpg && apt-key add plesk.gpg" it saves plesk.gpg.2. But updates still don't work.

Rearranging the repository with "plesk installer --source autoinstall-archives.plesk.com" I didn't dare yet, because we need the server here for work and I'm not sure if this is the right way at all. I can't clean or reinstall the server either.

In Plesk under "https://h2313xxx.stratoserver.net:8443/admin/pum/list" only "Package list could not be retrieved: execv: No such file or directory" comes up. After pressing "Check for updates" it says "No information about updates can be obtained for the packages".

I'm not that familiar with Linux and have always relied on Plesk.
Would it help if I send a log file here? (Although I don't know how to download it with SSH under Plesk).

Greetings,
Mirko Nahrwold

@Vendito24 Please open a support ticket on your case with the above description and also please mention PPS-14261 in that ticket. I've seen a number of similar cases lately, and these are currently being investigated. Pretty sure support staff will be able to fix the situation on your server, but if none of the above mentioned standard solutions apply, an engineer needs to look into the system to fix it and also to determine the root cause. In case you got your license from a reseller, please use the 30-day-trial from

Why is that? Is Plesk not installed? How can you do an upgrade if it is not installed? In case you need your own license key and cannot access Plesk GUI for it, you can retrieve it with plesk bin license--retrieve on the command line.

Then I have to install Plesk again first. That´s no solution for me...
@Vendito24

Solution has been given in : PUM Failure

You only need to change contents of file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-kaspersky-av.list to :

deb [arch=amd64 signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/plesk.gpg] "http://autoinstall.plesk.com/KAV_8.5.1" bionic all

without the " and " in the line ........ (note : if I did not add the "", then the editor would make the text not properly visible, sorry about that)

Kind regards...

@Peter Debik : Certainly Plesk is installed. I use the SSH terminal in Plesk. Key is also installed. Only in the form did he not take the key.

@trialotto : Thanks for answer. I made the changes to plesk-ext-kaspersky-av.list . No changes. Still no updates possible. I'm also hesitant to change much more here as I don't really know how to use Linux. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Kaspersky as an extension. What surprises me a bit: I also had arch=amd64 beforehand. But I have an Intel Xeon processor. That probably has nothing to do with it.

Maybe I'll get someone who knows better about it. I installed the thing and set it up. And so far everything has always worked via Plesk.

Back