1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

unable to resolve host

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by forzatesori, Oct 7, 2005.

1. forzatesori

forzatesori Guest

I had to change the IP addresses of some of my sites. Since my main site needed the exclusive default IP.

So I moved my other sites to a shared IP. But when I try to view one of these sites it's unable to resolve the host when view online, it's page cannot be displayed.

I've looked everywhere I can think of, the sites exist at the new IP. The sites say they point to the new IP. The only clue I have is when I do a mouseover, it still says the old IP.

So I'm not getting to the root of the IP change. Any suggestions?

2. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    It sounds like a DNS issue, it probably just needs time to propagate. How long ago did you make the changes?

3. poke

poke Guest

did you have any success? If not ping the hostnames and see where they resolve... If you have a domain for us to ping we can give you the output, as you are probably all cached up

4. forzatesori

forzatesori Guest

Fixed it

I guess my host failed to setup a domain zone for the new Ip they gave me or something.