• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Unable to restore backup from 12.5 into Obsidian 18.0.38

fluidsworld

New Pleskian
Hi community,

I want to update my plesk 12.5 to the newest version of plesk - currently 18.0.38. So I decided to install a version in a virtual machine to test it and to test the restore functionality.
I have exported a backup file from the version 12.5. As I want to upload it to the new version I became this error message:

"Unable to import file as dump: Import error: Unable to find archive metadata. The archive is not valid Plesk backup or has been created in an unsupported Plesk version"

I have searched a solution for my problem, but I found nothing. I have tested it with and without password, with the check of signature and without it.
I can import the backup file into 12.5 without any problem.

Has anybody an idea, what I can do next?

Thank you and best regards.

You can upgrade to Plesk Obsidian from Plesk Onyx 17.0 and later. See if your OS is supported in Software Requirements.
If you use Plesk 12.5 or earlier, upgrade to Plesk Onyx first.

You can upgrade to Plesk Obsidian from Plesk Onyx 17.0 and later. See if your OS is supported in Software Requirements.
If you use Plesk 12.5 or earlier, upgrade to Plesk Onyx first.
Hi Igor,

thank you for your answer. It is not possible to update to Onyx, because the OS is Ubuntu 12 and the update path is not very safe. It is a production machine that has not been updated for a long time (I inherited it from a colleague) and so I have to find a way to get all run.

Best regards!

You can also install Plesk Onyx on the supported OS, perform migration from old Plesk version with Plesk Migration Manager and then upgrade this new server to the latest version of Plesk Obsidian.

Back