1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to send notification: mail() failed:

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by mstorck, Nov 14, 2005.

1. mstorck

mstorck Guest

Hello,

for a few days I get this message when creating new clients. "Unable to send notification: mail() failed:"

It's a very strange problem as PHP handles the mail function quite while, I also verified the mail() function in PSA's own php.ini

This problem also appeared from one day to another, one evening I was adding a client just fine, the next day after I woke up the problem was there, and I'm the only person having access to the system (admin and root).

Did someone experience this problem, or can SW-Soft help?

Regards,

Marc

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

Check the error log at:

/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/httpsd_error_log

it can contain further details. I assume that you get this error in the Plesk admin server.

3. mstorck

mstorck Guest

Yes I did this as Admin User. I had a lock at the error_log it shows:

I found another thread carrying this error, but the tests described there works fine on my machine.

I tested with:

and

4. minya

minya Guest