• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to update license

Udo

New Pleskian
Hi,

The automatic license update suddenly stopped on my virtual server.
Also when using the update license button I get the same error.
I get this error:

Unable to connect to license server https://ka.plesk.com:5224/xmlrpc.
cURL error description: Out of memory(27)

How can I fix it?

Regards,
Udo

Hi,

Make sure that ka.plesk.com is resolvable on this IP address and port 5224 is accessible for connection:

From your server command line type
host ka.plesk.com
telnet ka.plesk.com 5224

# nslookup ka.plesk.com

If the license server does not resolve to the correct IP, check the /etc/hosts file.

If any of these servers are behind a firewall and old IP address of Key Administrator is listed in the firewall rules, please add new IP address of Key Administrator to the firewall rules to allow your servers to connect to ka.plesk.com . This can be checked with these commands, depending on your OS:

#nmap -P0 -p5224 ka.plesk.com

If you are using the APF firewall, check /etc/apf/allow_hosts.rules for the mentioned IPs or the hostname ka.plesk.com.

Thanks,

What is your RAM status? It looks as if there isn't enough free RAM to run cURL. As an emergency procedure you could add a swap file to increase the available "RAM", but a swap file will slow down the system dramatically if it is used frequently.

RAM seems okay. Also did a reboot, with no result:

top - 17:53:16 up 18:54, 1 user, load average: 0.10, 0.09, 0.09
Tasks: 119 total, 1 running, 118 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
%Cpu(s): 0.2 us, 0.5 sy, 0.0 ni, 99.3 id, 0.0 wa, 0.0 hi, 0.0 si, 0.0 st
KiB Mem: 8388608 total, 2567220 used, 5821388 free, 0 buffers
KiB Swap: 0 total, 0 used, 0 free. 1417560 cached Mem

"cURL error description: Out of memory(27)" is a clear indication of the issue. If you have 5 GB of RAM available and this error is displayed, this is a case for Plesk support or a Plesk employee on this forum.

Back