• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Unable to Update or Add/Remove Components

Don

New Pleskian
Currently Using: Version 17.0.17 Update #9, last updated on Nov 29, 2016 04:25 AM

After the above update, I can no longer install updates as I have done all along. From the Tools & Settings / Updates and Upgrades, It tells me that 'Component Upgrades are Available'. When I click on the 'Update Components' link at the top right, it takes me to the typical screen that shows which updates are available. In my case, I have the 'Plesk Extensions / WordPress Toolkit' update showing. In the past, once I click 'Continue' it just starts installing the updates and that is it. However, now once I click 'Continue', it takes me to a list of components to select, but there is no option to select, but rather I can 'Install' or 'Remove' components, but this screen is stuck in a loop. I end up having to click 'Cancel Installation' at the bottom.

Try to install all available updates in command line with

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

Last edited:
Plesk Onyx
Version 17.0.17 Update #8, last updated on Dec 5, 2016 02:22 PM

This appears to have solved the issue. Thank you for the assistance.

I still have the problem that plesk is looping trying to install an up date for PHP from OS vendor

Php - v gives me version 7.1x but under plesk php settings in get php os version 7.0.8.

Why is plesk not syncing the Ubuntu php version?

Back