• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Uninstalling PHPv5.x Interpreter Causing Removal of or Conflict with Other Components

Peter6129

New Pleskian
We are running Plesk Onyx V17.8.11 Update #94. We are attempting to remove all active versions of PHP v5.x interpreter using the Add/Remove Product Components interface. However, it is giving us a warning saying:

"The following components depend on the components you are going to remove or conflict with components you are going to install:
Advisor, All language localization for Plesk, WordPress Toolkit, Plesk Migrator, Let's Encrypt, Plesk Firewall, AWStats, Watchdog system monitoring, Plesk file server, Plesk VPN, Plesk..."

I've attached a screenshot of the full warning message. We currently employ, for example, Plesk and Let's Encrypt. It appears the listed components will be removed or cause conflict if we continue with the uninstallation of PHP v5.x interpreters.

Our web hosting company was not able to provide guidance. Our ultimate objective is to remove the old PHP v5. interpreter from the server and no hosted websites are using it and it is preventing us from upgrading composer.

Any guidance or assistance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Plesk-warning.png
    Plesk-warning.png
    26 KB · Views: 3
I want provide an update to my issue. The two PHP versions I want to remove are labeled as "PHP 5.6" and "PHP 5 from OS vendor"

Instead of removing both at the same time as I originally tried, I tired one at a time. I first removed just "PHP 5.6" by itself and it was successful - no warning message. That leaves "PHP 5 from OS vendor". However, when attempting to remove this version, that's when I get the warning message. I hope this provides some additional detail to help identify why the cause. Thanks in advance.

In the ancient Plesk Onyx 17.8 many Plesk services were still using the OS vendor's PHP. When you remove that PHP Plesk cannot work. As your version is long out of support and you are missing a huge number of improvements and new capabilities I strongly recommend to migrate to the latest Plesk.

In the ancient Plesk Onyx 17.8 many Plesk services were still using the OS vendor's PHP. When you remove that PHP Plesk cannot work. As your version is long out of support and you are missing a huge number of improvements and new capabilities I strongly recommend to migrate to the latest Plesk.
Thanks. I will work with my provider on this now I have the guidance. Much appreciated.

Back