• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to update

Semih

New Pleskian
Hello,

Since I updated database to 10.4.12-MariaDB the Plesk updates are no longer possible. On the interface I have Plesk obsidian 18.0.23 but not update 18.0.24.
I tried in plsk installer update & plesk installer update but I got the message below (View attachments).

I tried to also update on Centos with command line (plesk installer update --repatch) but also received error.
How can I update Plesk?

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• plesk-installation-log.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 1
I tried to downgrade MariaDB but couldn't manage. Do you know that after Plesk supports Maria DB 10.4 can I update Plesk from Plesk panel?

I tried to downgrade MariaDB but couldn't manage. Do you know that after Plesk supports Maria DB 10.4 can I update Plesk from Plesk panel?
AFAIK - You can't downgrade from MariaDB 10.4 without having some quite serious issues (if you search Google etc you'll see more details) and... there's no specified date been provided (yet) for Plesk Obsisdian supporting Maria DB 10.4.*.

To solve the situation you have now, you could restore a server snapshot backup that you took before the Maria DB upgrade OR, you could raise a Plesk Support ticket to see of there's another route, that they know, that would solve your problem, but the first option would be the quickest and easiest.

I have neither snapshot nor Plesk support :(
I have only separately website backups which are recently backed up with MariaDB 10.4 and I have doubts if they backwards-compatible to Maria-DB 10.3 usable are.
Thanks for your support.

I think its not that critical if you do have backups (even on MariaDB 10.4.x).

Pls try as following:

1. go for a temporary 5€ VPS with enough space to hold all of your applications.
2. Set it up with the same OS but with MariaDB 10.3
3. manually import all of your Backups (or just transfer from live system which is still working)
3.1. pls export all DBs manually in the recommended .sql format and then import them in the new Server
- this should even work with a Backup which is made on MariaDB 10.4
4. try and report back. In some rar cases this still does not work, but in most cases it does.
5. Pls notice that you should not use MariaDB 10.4 and MySQL in newer Versions then 5.6 as they include breaking changes that will make the DB not compatible with the other product (MariaDb vs MySQL) so you normaly cant downgrade or switch DB-ManagementSystem

6. If you could import your Backups to your temporary VPS and everything is working pls make a full-backup with Plesk.
7. Download the Backup to your computer
8. Destroy and redeploy your origin Server and set it up at the same OS but MariaDB 10.3 (latest working & compatible)
9. import your Backup
10. dont do this again, you do not have any benefits from.

This will be your best chance, as I think Plesk will not support MariaDB very soon as it would mean they will not support new MySQL versions (as they are not compatible anymore)

Best regards

~~ 2. Set it up with the same OS but with MariaDB 10.3
3. manually import all of your Backups (or just transfer from live system which is still working)
3.1. pls export all DBs manually in the recommended .sql format and then import them in the new Server
- this should even work with a Backup which is made on MariaDB 10.4
4. try and report back ~~
In theory... that could be a challenge ;)
If you do try the helpful, suggested solution that's been posted @Semih it would be for everyone's benefit (on here) if you can report back once complete.

Back