• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to use port 465 on Alibaba ECS - Port 25 is blocked

GTE

New Pleskian
Hello,

I do not have much experience with Linux / Ubuntu.

I have recently got a ECS on Alibaba Cloud. I have opted for Ubuntu + Plesk Onyx - which was updated to Obsidian earlier today.

Port 25 is blocked and I have been unsuccessfully trying to use port 465 for emails. I am able to receive emails normally, however, all the outgoing emails are shown as queued and are not sent out. I can see them in the Plesk interface.

I read a tutorial and opened the ports also, yet the emails are still sitting there. I am at my wits end and do not know what to do.

Can someone please help me? As a last resort I will either have to chuck Alibaba and opt for a provider.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks @Brujo for your reply. So, from what you've written there is no possibility of my being able to utilize even port 465 for outbound emails, correct?

Since we are at it, can I use my AWS EC2 to host a mailserver like hMailServer or something like it and receive and send all emails here?

Thanks

Back