• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Underscore not accepted in DNS TXT records

PeterM26

New Pleskian
I'm trying to add domainkey txt records through DNS but it doesn't like the underscore in example._domainkey for the record name. How do I enter these records through Plesk? I've used Helm before and I could add these with no problem.

Peter

Many thanks, but the thread you mention is about problems with hyphens in DNS records. My problem is with underscores. The other thread seems to take underscores OK.

Peter

I tried the demo panel in the link, but it does not seem to give access to changing DNS records on domains. Therefore I cannot see if I can reproduce the problem.

The steps I use are:

- go to domains > mydomain.com
- dns settings > add record
- select TXT for record type
- put 'example._domainKey' in domain field
- put 'p=MFwwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQADSwAwSAJBAORlnEC6PRwfG5Cl1n3co9F3tnuUj7vyos7y5C406lnnAeTJTEIAWMTFd2tpjHoshZZSI7P80SclGVejykP8dcsCAwEAAQ==' in record string field
- submit data
- then get; Error: Incorrect DNS Record parameter values were specified. (enter domain name is highlighted as problem)

If _ is removed (example.domainKey) then the record is accepted.

BIND DNS Server is selected in components management.

Thank you. I have reproduced it on Plesk 9.2.3 version too.
I have submitted request to developers regarding this issue and I will update this thread with results as soon as I receive it.

Has this been resolve, we are experiencing the same problem.

Thanks,
ARa

As possible workaround use 'example._domainkey' in domain name field to add new TXT record.

Back