• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Uninstalling courier?

T

Thomas Berger1

Hi,

I installed dovecot through a SSH session and now wanted to uninstall courier with yast. The problem is that a lot of other packages have dependencies on this package, including psa-backup-manager, psa-horde, psa-spamassassin and so on.

I'm a bit nervous about this now...if I would uninstall this package, does that mean that the automatic backups won't work anymore? Or that spamassassin won't work? Why is courier needed by plesk that deep?

I surely can live without configuring the mail configuration by the plesk panel, but no backups are no option for me.

Regards, Thomas

Actually, it is important part of Plesk and it is deeply integrated with other Plesk components. We strongly do not recommend you to remove it from default Plesk installation.

What are the other components doing with courier, why do they need it? Is it ok when I just stop the service? Or will this have any side effects?

I think that service stopping will be enough, but note that ports 110 and 143 should be opened anyway.

Back