• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Uninstalling parts of Plesk...

J

Jamai

I have tried Plesk ASP but don't like it so I want to remove it. What is the easiest way of completely removing it?

Same with the mod_python module and PostgreSQL server support.

rpm -e perl-Apache-ASP will remove Apache-ASP.
Same sort of patern will rmeove the others.
rpm -e <package name>

but this means I'll be uninstalling the applications for the entire server.

What I meant was, I want to let my clients with domain (A) use eg. phpbb forum, at the same time, I do not want to let my client with domain (B) use php forum !

Doesn't plesk allow the administrator selectively disable each of the power pack applications for each individual domain, instead of uninstalling the power pack applications altogether from the server ? Obviously, this uninstalling from the server mean all domains will not the option of installing the power pack apps !

Well malcolm, you're asking something completely different.
Jamai was asking how to completely remove MODs from the Plesk System. You're asking how to control who gets to use various Appilications. What YOU want can be done from the client Application Pool (enter the Clients panel, and at the top will be "Application Pool"). You can remove them from the users selection there, and it will keep the applications installed.

Thank you Nightstorm, that worked like a charm :)

Malcolm seems to be responding to the wrong thread I guess

Back