• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Uninstalling Sitebuilder (Plesk 10.1.1)

King555

Regular Pleskian
I'm using Plesk 10.1.1 under Debian 5. How can I completely uninstall Sitebuilder? When I use "apt-get remove" the console says, the complete Plesk is uninstalled (which I canceled). And in the Plesk installer I cannot unselect already installed components.

its not possible till now :( many poeple asked about a solution to completly remove sitebuilder

:(

Thanks. I hope, this will be possible in future versions of Plesk (I would also like to uninstall other Plesk parts).

# rpm -e --test pp-sitebuilder
error: Failed dependencies:
pp-sitebuilder >= 5.1.0 is needed by (installed) psa-10.1.1-cos5.build1010110120.18.x86_64

As you can see Sitebuilder is a part of Plesk but not separate software and can't be removed due to internal dependences.

Will it be possible in the future to completely disable/remove Sitebuilder? It seems to be the largest package in the system.

You can just disable Web Presence Builder (former SiteBuilder) in Plesk license but you can't remove it due to packages dependences.

As you can see Sitebuilder is a part of Plesk but not separate software and can't be removed due to internal dependences.

there are a lot of unnecessary things now in the plesk panel.
this company is not focused on service anymore since they got the big money in the eyes.
remove all the commercial things and we have a panel again what does where it was for designed many years ago.

Back