• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unusual Problem=1267 - Illegal mix of collations

gandoo

New Pleskian
Upon installing oscmax and trying to login to the admin page i get the following problem (its worked fine in the past on reloaded 8.0 and previous versions)

1267 - Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,COERCIBLE) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'find_in_set'

select admin_files_id from admin_files where FIND_IN_SET( '1', admin_groups_id) and admin_files_is_boxes = '1' and admin_files_name = 'catalog.php'

I have been trying for days to find a fix for this problem but its beyond my scope so any help would deeply be appreciated.

These are MySQL collations. Looks like some table is using latin1_swedish_ci (the default MySQL collation) while the app is expecting utf8_general, or maybe the other way around. Doesn't really have anything to do with Plesk probably, you might want to ask this question on some ocsmax forum/mailinglist/etc.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Yea i have posted for help on there forums aswell , i just can not understand how it just started to do this and worked on previous installs of the same program.Just curious but is there any way i could change the Collation myself ? Many thanks for the help.

Take a look with phpMyAdmin ('DB Admin' in Plesk), I believe it shows you the collations. There's probably a way to do this with the mysql command as well of course. You might want to search for collations on the MySQL docs site.

Back