• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update #19 Horde webmail error

Graphrix

Basic Pleskian
Hostnamehost.DOMAIN.com
IP address***.***.***.***
OSCentOS 6.5 (Final)
Plesk version12.0.18 Update #19, last updated at Oct 13, 2014 07:48 AM
The system is up-to-date; last checked at Oct 13, 2014 04:49 AM

Most things I have tried is still functional EXCEPT ... Horde Webmail 5.2.1

When Blacklisting a spam email I now receive the following error.

• upload_2014-10-13_8-5-59.png The preference "blacklist" could not be saved because its data exceeds the maximum allowable size
  • upload_2014-10-13_8-5-59.png The address "[email protected]" has been added to your blacklist.
  • upload_2014-10-13_8-5-59.png The message has been deleted.

It is Horde error but not Plesk.
Try to find possible reasons in horde log /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log

You could try to increase the horde setting "$conf['prefs']['maxsize'] = 65535;" to a higher value ( i.e.: to 128 MB = 131072 ) in "/etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde/config.php" , but be aware that Plesk updates/upgrades may change this again to the default value of 64 MB. As well, the specific php.ini from Horde in the same folder could be adjusted with higher values, to fit your needs.

Thanks for the advice UFHHO1.

Doesn't seem to be anything in /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log IgorG .. is 0 bytes.

OK, now getting the following error.

A fatal error has occurred
Call to a member function getFlags() on a non-object
Details have been logged for the administrator.

Refresh the page and get the same error.

The preference "blacklist" could not be saved because its data exceeds the maximum allowable size

What PHP - version do you use and are PHP - files served over FastCGI or/and NGINX ?

Last edited by a moderator:
[root@host /]# php -v
PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Sep 30 2014 05:55:00)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.6.0, Copyright (c) 2002-2014, by ionCube Ltd.

Pretty sure it is using the NGINX

Reverse Proxy Server (nginx)
PHP-FPM support for nginx

I could not reproduce this error, not even with a size-setting of 2 MB. :(

I would suggest to try using the bootstrapper first:

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Be aware, that this path is to the ( actual ) latest bootstrapper, depending on your system and updates/upgrades/patches, this path might be slightly different. If the command doesn't work for you, try "ls /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/" to list your own most recent version and correct the path to that command.

If this doesn't help at all, I would re-install all patches, just to be sure, that all microupdates are installed:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Have done.

I have created another email account on the same domain and cannot produce the error. I go back to the existing email account and get heaps of errors.

Simple solution I am thinking is to delete the email account and then recreate it.

Last edited:
Back