• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Update and Upgrade hangsup

nsc87

New Pleskian
Hello :)

I have the following problem on Version 17.8.11 Update #28 Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS:

When I run the Upgrade and Update Tool and instalate, uninstall, or update components, the console always hangs. Well e.g. when updating the components, only "is running" remains.

What else can I do there? I found this: Stopping sw_engine service...

Many thanks in advance

Try:
Code:
plesk repair all -y

than run the installer again.

Best regards,...

I have already executed Plesk repair. Only now it stays at the end of the installation or upgrade. According to the logs, the installation is executed but it does not reload the web interface

Hello, I had version of plesk 12 i think, and I went and upgrade it through web interface, but now its stucks around 30 minutes on this thing:
14210-367e02ea92638a3d16b7d71a496dab85.jpg

Websites are working, but when i try to approach server login page it gives me 502 error. Is this a problem or I should just wait more ?

Attachments

• plesk.png
    plesk.png
    51 KB · Views: 11
@zeljo Updating Plesk via the web interface and its associated "...still running..." error, is pretty well known now, as you can see from all the posts above. The CLI alternative also posted above is much easier to use and runs without the same error.

The no access to the Plesk Panel / 502 error is something different (than the "...still running..." error GUI error) but it is covered in many other threads in the forum. Your pic shows Plesk 17.8.11 not Plesk 12, so you should be able to find recent useful threads that help you solve that.

What is the easiest way to upgrade from ubuntu 14 and plesk 12 to ubuntu 16 and plesk onyx. I tried to download my website files and databases and then restore server with new OS ans plesk, But when I try to reupload files and databases I got bunch of errors. ie : Screenshot

@zeljo If you're upgrading both Plesk AND OS versions at the same time, then that's a different scenario because there's lots of variables. An easy way would be to Contact Plesk directly: Contact Us but you'll need a subscription in order to submit a ticket etc. FWIW If you have free choice of your replacement OS, why not run Ubuntu 18.04.* as 16.04.* is obvioulsy older and less efficient etc. Plesk Onyx runs very well on 18.04.* in our case.

Back