• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update and Upgrade Link not working

Sally1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I had to reinstall fresh my web-server. I have now installed

OS ‪CentOS 6.10 (Final)‬

Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #52, last updated on July 5, 2018 09:27 AM

But now I have the Problem, that the Link under Tools & Settings - Updates and Upgrades is not working. I tried with different browsers, but get just cant open page, can't establish a secure connection.

I tried this to fix it:

ps auxxf | grep install

Killed the running installer process. and tried again, still the Link is not working.

Reboot of the server is also done.

Any Idea what else I can do to get the Link working?

Thx
Sally

Hello Arashi, yes the plesk installer seems to work I upgraded from plesk 12 to 17.5.3 via command line. But I dont know, how I can add via command line the components what I urgent need to do after the website recovery ..

Hello IgorG,

when I check netstat -natp | grep :8447 I get yet

# netstat -natp | grep :8447
tcp 0 0 :::8447 :::* LISTEN 1953/parallels_inst

Last edited:
But can you connect to this port from your workstation where your browser opens Plesk Installer page?

I have Plesk console the firewall not installed yet, why is the port then blocked? Why is port 8443 open, and works?

how can I enable the port via command line?

Thx

When checking ip tables get this result

# iptables -nL | grep 8447
ACCEPT tcp -- 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:8447
ACCEPT tcp -- 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:8447

Means the Port is open and connection should be allowed. but when doing telnet to the port its not open, and when clicking the updates & upgrades Link I get the message failed to open page ...

Last edited:
if you can attach the exact error getting at your end (like a screenshot) we may be able to help more.

Back