• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Update and Upgrade Link not working

Sally1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I had to reinstall fresh my web-server. I have now installed

OS ‪CentOS 6.10 (Final)‬

Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #52, last updated on July 5, 2018 09:27 AM

But now I have the Problem, that the Link under Tools & Settings - Updates and Upgrades is not working. I tried with different browsers, but get just cant open page, can't establish a secure connection.

I tried this to fix it:

ps auxxf | grep install

Killed the running installer process. and tried again, still the Link is not working.

Reboot of the server is also done.

Any Idea what else I can do to get the Link working?

Thx
Sally

Hello Arashi, yes the plesk installer seems to work I upgraded from plesk 12 to 17.5.3 via command line. But I dont know, how I can add via command line the components what I urgent need to do after the website recovery ..

Hello IgorG,

when I check netstat -natp | grep :8447 I get yet

# netstat -natp | grep :8447
tcp 0 0 :::8447 :::* LISTEN 1953/parallels_inst

Last edited:
But can you connect to this port from your workstation where your browser opens Plesk Installer page?

I have Plesk console the firewall not installed yet, why is the port then blocked? Why is port 8443 open, and works?

how can I enable the port via command line?

Thx

When checking ip tables get this result

# iptables -nL | grep 8447
ACCEPT tcp -- 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:8447
ACCEPT tcp -- 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:8447

Means the Port is open and connection should be allowed. but when doing telnet to the port its not open, and when clicking the updates & upgrades Link I get the message failed to open page ...

Last edited:
if you can attach the exact error getting at your end (like a screenshot) we may be able to help more.

Back