• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Update failed (MariaDB issue?)

Dave22

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.45_build1800220722.09 os_CentOS 7
Hello,

Second day i'm getting the error after plesk is trying to update.
Is something wrong with the MariaDB yum repositories? Thank you

Link to error code: Untitled - TextBin
Password:
pl22

Thank you very much

MariaDB 10.2 is end-of-life, so the mirrors of that version are cleared:

It would be best if you upgraded to a newer version like MariaDB 10.6 (LTS), using this instruction:

Last edited:
You can use either 10.5 or 10.6. The 10.6 version will last longer before you have to upgrade again.

Error message:

can be fixed by replacing baseurl line to

Code:
baseurl = https://archive.mariadb.org/mariadb-10.2.9/yum/centos7-amd64/

in /etc/yum.repos.d/MariaDB.repo file.
Thanks, but when i change it to 10.2.9 it will stay on 10.2 right? So i still have to upgrade to 10.5?

Thanks, but when i change it to 10.2.9 it will stay on 10.2 right? So i still have to upgrade to 10.5?
It's up to you. For example, my personal Plesk server works on MariaDB 10.2.9, and I do not hurry up to perform upgrades.

Is it also possible to just replace the baseurl line to the 10.5 version? Or is it better to do the upgrade with backups / remove / install?

Replacing the baseurl is not the recommended step:

It sounds like a significant upgrade (backup -> remove -> install), but it can be done in a few minutes. I suggest using the manual steps, not the upgrade script from the Plesk support article. That way, you have a better grasp of what's going on and more control over the upgrade process.

After the upgrade, run a # plesk repair db

Replacing the baseurl is not the recommended step:

It sounds like a significant upgrade (backup -> remove -> install), but it can be done in a few minutes. I suggest using the manual steps, not the upgrade script from the Plesk support article. That way, you have a better grasp of what's going on and more control over the upgrade process.

After the upgrade, run a # plesk repair db
Thanks Maarten, i'll try tomorrow.

Maybe its better to use your first link: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-7-or-MariaDB-5-5-to-10-0-10-1-10-2-on-Linux-

Thank you for your help

Back