• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

update issue, Plesk MU#43

GennadiyG

New Pleskian
Hello,

Further to my another posts on Plesk update not working well (one, two) I would like to describe another issue I've found.
Today, after installing MU#43 I've found out that Plesk no longer works. I've installed update manually without shutting down IIS to verify if MU#41 is working. Update itself went well:

Patching file C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\smartermailprovider.dll
Patching file C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\psadumpagent.dll
Patching file C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\BackupUtils\SmarterMailmailsrvprovider.dll
Patch panel-11.0.9~patch43 installation summary: 554 items applied, 8 items skipped, 2 items failed.
Patches were installed successfully.

But Plesk Management service was not restarted (according to update log installer tried to do this 3 times somehow ignoring the fact that restart was unsuccessful and initial process plesksrv.exe did not exit at all). The following errors appeared in Windows event log:

Unable to cancel all process threads!
Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\plesksrv.exe

C structured exception: 0xc0000005
at Pipe fatal error (_pipeTask)(vpipechannel::_pipeTask line 105)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\plesksrv.exe

I killed all plesksrv.exe instances manually and started it again. Although process was launched Plesk did not work:

[23-Mar-2013 15:33:30 UTC] Exception: Unexpected end of data when read from serializer.
file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\constants.php3
line: 62
code: 0
trace: #0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\constants.php3(62): get_admin_password()
#1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\auto_prepend\auth.php3(89): require_once('C:\Program File...')
#2 {main}

[23-Mar-2013 15:33:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function util_io_exec() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Os.php on line 26

To resolve the issue I rebooted the server. I would like someone from Parallels to check this this since I don't want to enable auto-update when such issues occur during updates.
By the way, when updater says that "554 items applied, 8 items skipped, 2 items failed" it doesn't provide any info as to what items failed, why and what level of impact does it have.

Back