• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Update MariaDB version on Plesk

Let me amend that, I found this in an email from the host that might be the ticket number. c980157498

They have responded, second hand through the host, but merely asked for the steps that I used to do the upgrade, and those are above. But there's been no answer since then or even a progress report.

OK, probably the host's ticket number.

In any case, the manual instructions don't work for CentOS 7 with latest Plesk.

What does?

Oh, I was just looking for MariaDB 10.6 stuff. You can move this to the other forum if you have the authority.

What doesn't work? The one to install MariaDB 10.6 after the preliminaries.

The first steps work fine using the CentOS 7-related manual directions.

I update the repo file listing MariaDB 10.6 as indicated in Step 6.

I then run Step 7 to install, and it comes back with a message about only finding the 10.5 release.

I really don't want to run through the process again until I know it'll work.

I'd go through the script method instead, but it never finds the script.

Here's what I did when I tried the script method, which seems more satisfactory.:

I tried this:

1. Download the attached script and provide it with executable rights:
    # wget https://plesk.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/360022419980/mariadb-10.5-upgrade.sh && chmod +x mariadb-10.5-upgrade.sh

Changed it to 10.6 in each case.

Response:

[root@server /]# https://plesk.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/360022419980/mariadb-10.6-upgrade.sh && chmod +x mariadb-10.6-upgrade.sh
-bash: https://plesk.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/360022419980/mariadb-10.6-upgrade.sh: No such file or directory
[root@server /]#

I assume the number and the article aren't yet updated for 10.6.

To be specific I also went and changed the actual script to reflect 10.6.

And got:

[root@server ~]# cd /
[root@server /]# ./mariadb-10.6-upgrade.sh
Dumping all databases
stopping MariaDB service
creating backup of mysql directory
removing mysql-server package in case it exists
error: package MariaDB-server-10.5.13-1.el7.centos.x86_64
MariaDB-server-10.5.13-1.el7.centos.x86_64 is not installed
Upgrading MariaDB
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* epel: mirror.steadfastnet.com
mariadb | 3.4 kB 00:00:00
Not using downloaded mariadb/repomd.xml because it is older than what we have:
Current : Tue Nov 9 14:27:39 2021
Downloaded: Tue Nov 9 14:01:34 2021
Package MariaDB-client-10.5.13-1.el7.centos.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package MariaDB-server-10.5.13-1.el7.centos.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package MariaDB-compat-10.5.13-1.el7.centos.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package MariaDB-shared-10.5.13-1.el7.centos.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
This installation of MariaDB is already upgraded to 10.5.13-MariaDB, use --force if you still need to run mysql_upgrade
Informing Plesk of the changes (plesk sbin packagemng -sdf)
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/mariadb.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service.
[root@server /]#

Hi all, this problem seems to go on and on like the never ending story. I am trying to upgrade from Maria 10.4.29 to 10.6.x and the system seems to have got stuck. It tells me that everything is supposed to have gone through, but that the update will be performed during the next scheduled update, that was yesterday, today it tells everything went through just fine, and despite a server restart, the control panel still shows 10.4.29.

When you run plesk db do you see the correct version of MariaDB starting? Else the MariaDB upgrade was not performed correctly, the new server was not installed. If you see the correct version on the command line, did you run plesk sbin packagemng -sdf after completing the MariaDB upgrade? This is required to tell Plesk to update the package version information.

Back