• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update notes not in release notes

matt.simpson

Basic Pleskian
Hello Parallels,

Can you do me a kindness? Please do not release micro updates without adding some sort of documentation to your release notes section. The documentation should be done before the MU is available for download so people know what "important" security updates they are / have applied. I've noticed this happening with a good number of the 11.0.9 micro updates (#16 being the latest).

While we're on the topic, change log entries like "Major security enhancements." in #13 really needs to be elaborated on IMO. You don't need to go into specifics, but at least give us a clue what you're changing before we apply an update.

2c,
-Matt Simpson

Please do not release micro updates without adding some sort of documentation to your release notes section. The documentation should be done before the MU is available for download so people know what "important" security updates they are / have applied. I've noticed this happening with a good number of the 11.0.9 micro updates (#16 being the latest).

If you have enabled manual mode of MU installation it doesn't matter when we publish notification because you can wait and read announcement and then make decision of installing or not installing this MU.
If you have enabled automatic mode of MU installation it doesn't matter as well because MU will be applied despite fact when you read announcement.

While we're on the topic, change log entries like "Major security enhancements." in #13 really needs to be elaborated on IMO. You don't need to go into specifics, but at least give us a clue what you're changing before we apply an update.

When we fix well known security issue we publish corresponding CVE. When we fix security issue which was found with help of internal audit we can't provide any information because it is security question and we do not want to give any hint to intruders. But we provide indicator for customers - Minor, Major or Critical security update. I think it is enough for most customers for making decision about importance of this security MU.

Back