• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Update or wait?

sebgonzes

Silver Pleskian
Hello

I have actualy 20 VPS with cloudlinux 7.1 and plesk 12.5 and other 30 with centos7 and plesk 12.5, This plesk version is stable, we have no heavy problem with it.
I plan to update to plesk onyx, really, for us, this new version not offer any great new feature (our clients use tradicional share hosting, so git, docker, ruby or node.js are not usefull for us... multi server seem a great feature, but too new and too limit for now, system resource limit are yet contolled by cloudlinux in our case, so for us, only SSL webmail are an good new feature...), I want to update to still have all updated, but, it's really time to update? it's not better wait as plesk onyx correct the possible bug that have all new version? I have see a lot of "issue" item in the forum of onyx and for this I really have doubt to do it yet...

It's up to you, of course. But according to your description I'd suggest you to wait a bit when we announce stabilization of Plesk Onyx. I hope that we will do it soon.
And I think that DNSSEC, Nginx-only website hosting and System Updates features may be interesting for your "tradicional share hosting" :)

It's up to you, of course. But according to your description I'd suggest you to wait a bit when we announce stabilization of Plesk Onyx. I hope that we will do it soon.
And I think that DNSSEC and System Updates features may be interesting for your "tradicional share hosting" :)

Igor, firstly, thanks for your honestly answer, it's an big task for us and for this we want have security of result before do it.

DNSSEC will be hard to use for us as we use an centralized dns system, not the plesk dns system. for system update, it can be an good thing. An feature that will really help us and that have been post in invoiceuser (https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/...ns/5455343-create-separate-mail-and-web-space) is the separation limit for hosting space and mail space, but not seem that it the way of new plesk feature, and new feature seem more for advanced user :-(

Back