• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Update questions: Change log outdated? / Auto-Update / apt

B_P

Regular Pleskian
Dear all,

During the regular system update that I wanted to perform today, I experienced some interesting issues today:

1) When looking for system updates (Ubuntu 12.04.5) on my system (apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade), it happened (again) that the Plesk update resources were included by default in /etc/apt/ (I did not run autoinstaller or the web installer during the last days). From what I know this should normally not be the case and apt should only look for "normal" (non-plesk) updates and resources.

2) Since apt-get showed that there were new Plesk and (Plesk-)PHP packages, I ran autoinstaller to update these components (instead of doing so directly via apt-get). What confused me is that these packages have not been installed automatically (especially plesk-core) even though automated updates are enabled.

3) After the update, I can see that my version is now 12.5.30 Update #19. Interestingly, this update has not yet been mentioned in the official change log at http://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/12.5/change-log/.

Regards,

B_P

As far as I know only update PHP to 7.0.2 is included to MU#19. Nothing more.

Back