• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update to Plesk 9.0 fails

Silver Pleskian
Despite updating my key the installer just keeps bombing out I get this in the email:

Exchanging information with licensing server.base
Downloading the file PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
ERROR: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

---
Parallels Products Installer.

So how do I fix this my SUS runs out in 2010!!

Same here.

"Downloading the file PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Please, contact product technical support."

Centos 5.2 / Plesk 6

Fresh Ubuntu 8.04, fresh 8.6.0, attempt to upgrade to 9.0 via installed autoinstaller and downloaded autoinstaller simply leads to:

Checking whether the package dependencies are resolved.
E: Couldn't configure pre-depend psa for plesk-billing, probably a dependency cycle.
ERROR: autoinstaller: Error in execution of DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive

Fresh Ubuntu 8.04, fresh 8.6.0, attempt to upgrade to 9.0 via installed autoinstaller and downloaded autoinstaller simply leads to:

Checking whether the package dependencies are resolved.
E: Couldn't configure pre-depend psa for plesk-billing, probably a dependency cycle.
ERROR: autoinstaller: Error in execution of DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive

Wrong thread. ;)

I have the same problem with various plesk's, all centos 5 and latest 8.6 plesk.
It should be a bug, all my licenses are leased and valid.
Parallels, when will you solve it?

Omar

I am sure its a bug. I just checked my license (I got a copy emailed) and sure enough in the headers I see this:

<core:keytype>Parallels Plesk Panel 9.x</core:keytype>

I think its effecting everyone, not seen any success stories of anyone who has managed an upgrade.

I even downloaded the installer, got to the point and it complains the license can't be verfied and you can force an install. No way as it will default back to single domain.

We just have to wait and hope they fix it damn well soon!

Would be nice is anyone from parallels acknowledged the problem or put a post in so everyone knows.

Despite updating my key the installer just keeps bombing out I get this in the email:

Downloading the file PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.

Hello all,

Thank you very much for reporting. Unfortunately file PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh was missed on autoinstaller server, we really apologize for this.

This problem has been corrected already, please try again.

Hey thank you! I just tried and indeed it is updating as the failed email did not come straight in :)

But it failed on Fedora 8 I got this in the email at the bottom:

error: Failed dependencies:
psa-hotfix4-8.6.0 = 8.6.0 is needed by (installed) psa-hotfix5-8.6.0-8.6.0-fc8.build86080930.03.i586
ERROR: Unable to install the requested packages because either there is
not enough free disk space left, or there are package dependency problems.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.

So I as root via yum removed psa-hotfix4-8.6.0.586

It pulled psa-hotfix5-8.6.0.586 and psa-updates.noarch but then the upgrade went ahead!

It went okay no issues but I got a error about the license is invalid, I hit retrieve and presto all fixed :)

Looks excellent and no errors :)

Thank you, it's working so far though I removed plesk-billing and psa-watchdog because of dependency problems (ubuntu 8.04 LTS 64bit)

I'm still getting the following error message after I recently attempted an upgrade:

Downloading the file PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% done.
Failed to check whether a new license key is available.

Okay I found most things (all shifted around) but can someone tell me where is DNS for each domain? I can't find it..

Also one bug watchdog is stuck on 24h in statistics, if you select anything else and hot apply its still showing 24h

I get this error:
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
psa: Depends: psa-php4-configurator (>= 1.5.0) but it is not going to be installed or
psa-php5-configurator (>= 1.5.0) but it is not going to be installed
I use dotdeb-php5 (http://www.dotdeb.org)

Thank you, it's working so far though I removed plesk-billing and psa-watchdog because of dependency problems (ubuntu 8.04 LTS 64bit)

I did what MajorWinters did and it works out. While performing the upgrade I went ahead and selected the billing component and watchdog again and that works fine. Just some odd dependency issue between the old and new versions of those packages.

Thanks for posting solutions!

Same here (using Plesk 8.6.0):

Ask KA server for key update: product=PleskLogin current key number=PLSK007830xxxx01 to version=9.0.0
Warning: your license key for the base component cannot be upgraded.

I have tried the autoinstaller:

Warning: your license key for the base component cannot be upgraded.

Continuing with the upgrade without having an appropriate product license
will result in the installation of a default license with limited
functionality. Administrators are advised to first acquire the appropriate
license before continuing with the product upgrade.

Do you want to continue?
Type either Yes or No:

Tried two systems, both on Centos4:

/root/parallels/PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: line 9: 3655 Segmentation fault $file -uadmin psa </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
The installation will not continue.

I am having the same issue with RedHat el5. I am able to click on retrieve key and it sucessfully says the key is up to date. However during the 9.0 update i get the error:

Exchanging information with licensing server.base Downloading the file PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% done.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

plesk_getkeyinfo.sh SEGMENTATION FAULT on CentOS 5.2

A segmentation fault is occurring during upgrade from 8.6 to 9.0 when the plesk_getkeyinfo.sh is executed.

I've even tried with autoinstaller on the command line:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/autoinstaller --select-release-id PLESK_9_0_0 --upgrade-installed-components
Downloading the file products.inf3: 100% done.
Downloading the file plesk.inf3: 10%..24%..35%..40%..51%..61%..70%..80%..91%..100% done.
Downloading the file sitebuilder.inf3: 20%..60%..100% done.
Downloading the file sso.inf3: 13%..27%..54%..67%..81%..100% done.
Checking for installed packages...
Downloading the file PSA_9.0.0/plesk-9.0.0-cos5-i386.inf3: 10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% done.
Detecting installed product components.
/root/parallels/PSA_9.0.0/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: line 9: 19473 Segmentation fault $file -uadmin psa < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1

Further examination of the plesk_getkeyinfo.sh:

# pwd
/root/parallels/PSA_9.0.0
# sh plesk_getkeyinfo.sh
plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: line 9: 29889 Segmentation fault $file -uadmin psa < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1
cannot connect to mysql database

I commented out the lines that check for the mysql client and set the mysql_client variable directly:

#mysql_client=
#for file in /usr/local/psa/mysql/bin/mysql /usr/local/bin/mysql /usr/bin/mysql; do
# if $file -uadmin psa </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1; then
# mysql_client="$file"
# break
# fi
#done
mysql_client="/usr/bin/mysql"

Now when I run it:

# sh plesk_getkeyinfo.sh
Key Info v1.0
PleskLogin
PleskPassword
https://ka.swsoft.com:5224/
PLSK***CENSORED***
***LONG KEY CENSORED HERE***

It works! But, running autoinstaller redownloads the plesk_getkeyinfo.sh file again and fails to segmentation fault.

Something about the "if $file -uadmin psa </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1; then" line is breaking it.

Parallels fix this!!!

-Kevin

Back